European Network of Living Labs & Open Innovation mid-October events
From AMI@Work Communities Wiki
For these key Living Labs events of this autumn, on 16th & 17th October 2007 in Brussels, the registration will remain open until Monday, 15th October, 24:00 hrs CET (unless any maximum space limit is reached earlier):
Living Labs Open Innovation Community interactive day
- Tuesday, 16th October, 10h00-18h00. This event is organised by these Living Labs related projects, funded by the European Commission: CoreLabs, CLOCK, OpenFutures, Collaboration@Rural, CoSpaces, ECOSPACE, Laboranova and WearIT@Work.
Venue: IBBT-iLab Open Innovation Centre Brussels (OICB) Vrije Universiteit Brussel Pleinlaan 2, 1050 Brussels, Belgium registration and opening at auditorium Q.D (for building Q, see Campus Maps of Campus Etterbeek)
Co-creative Research, Development and Innovation to Connect the Lisbon Strategy to People: Launch of the 2nd wave of the European Network of Living Labs
- Wednesday, 17th October, 09h00-13h00. This event is a Portuguese Presidency roadmap event, organized with the Living Labs Portfolio Leadership Group, the above-mentioned EC funded Living Labs related projects, and the Information Society and Media Directorate-General of the European Commission.
- 17/10 Event programme
- 17/10 Event Presentations (for registered members, become a member)
- Portuguese Presidency Press Release
Venue: Centre Albert Borschette (OCAB) European Commission room 0A, rue Froissart 36, 1040 Brussels, Belgium
You can find here the updated ENoLL Description and ENoLL - Harmonizing methods and tools, A cube experience, as well as the draft Living Labs Roadmap 2007-2010 as a basis for the interactive day dialogue on 16/10 in Brussels.
The Finnish EU Presidency launched on 20th November 2006 the European Network of Living Labs and the Living Labs Open Innovation Community. A Living Lab is a system enabling people, users/buyers of services and products, to take active roles as contributors and co-creators in the research, development and innovation process. A Living Lab is based on a business-citizens-government-academia partnership. The Living Labs portfolio consists of:
- European Network of Living Labs,
- Living Labs Open Innovation Community for interested individuals,
- emerging Living Labs Partner Network for interested organizations such as creative SMEs, and
- Living Labs related projects.
 General Objectives
- To announce publicly the 2nd Wave of the European Network of Living Labs.
- To discuss user driven open innovation in the context of Living Labs and the Renewed Lisbon Strategy.
- To present and discuss the Living Labs Research and User-driven Innovation Roadmap. Open ways for its European wide implementation, including the technological and socio-economic research needs and funding support mechanisms.
- To present exhibit and discuss best practices operation cases of Living Labs tools, methodologies, services and sustainability. Address different profiles of Living Labs and their geographical collaboration: Cross border, European and global dimension. Extract lessons for the Living Labs Research and User-driven Innovation Roadmap.
- Contribute to the enlargement, strength and sustainability of the European Living Labs Community. This will bring together the existing European Network of Living Labs, the proposers of the 2nd Wave and other interested actors namely the Partners Network under creation.
The registration process is web-based and provides you the opportunity to join the Living Labs Open Innovation Community, and AMI communities, as you are interested by joining this event. The information you provide in this registration will be publicly shared among the Living Labs Open Innovation Community and AMI communities members to facilitate their professional collaboration linked to the event themes (no other use of it is allowed).
- New users (not yet AMI Communities Members) - Please register here.
- Members of AMI Communities - Please register here.
(If you forgot your username or password, please click here, enter your email address and follow the instructions).
The registration will remain open until Monday, 15th October, 24:00 hrs CET (unless any maximum space limit is reached earlier).
Click here to view registered participants (for AMI members only).
 Event Arrangements
Participation is free-of-charge and open for all Living Labs Open Innovation Community members. Any interested individual globally is free to join the Community. The participants are responsible for their own costs, including travel, accommodation and meals. Official language during these events is English. During the ENoLL 2nd wave launch event on 17/10, simultaneous interpretation will be provided to/from: English, French, German and Portuguese.
If you have questions you are most welcome to contact:
- Ingrid Mulder, email@example.com
Communications Leader, CoreLabs Coordination Action,
Scientific Researcher, Telematica Instituut.
Mobile: +31 6 51198280
(for the Living Labs Open Innovation Community event)
- Álvaro Oliveira, firstname.lastname@example.org
Strategy Board Chair & Policy Coordinator, CLOCK Coordination Action
CEO Alfamicro Lda.
(for the EnoLL 2nd wave Launch Event)
PS. For the above-mentioned Living Labs related projects and the Living Labs Portfolio Leadership Group, there will in addition be in Brussels a cluster meeting for the Living Labs portfolio on Monday, 15th October, at 10h30-17h30, continued on Wednesday, 17th October, at 14h30-17h30.